Protecting information about you
The General Data Protection Regulations require us to follow data protection principles when we process your personal data. You have rights in relation to the data that we hold about you.
How we handle your personal data
Bolton Cares adheres to the principles set out in the General Data Protection Regulations when we process personal data. The regulations require personal data to be:
- Processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner
- Collected only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is Processed
- Accurate and where necessary kept up to date
- Not kept in a form which permits identification of Data Subjects for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data is Processed
- Processed in a manner that ensures its security using appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect against unauthorised or unlawful Processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage
- Not transferred to another country without appropriate safeguards being in place
- Made available to Data Subjects and Data Subjects allowed to exercise certain rights in relation to their Personal Data
We are responsible for and must be able to demonstrate compliance with the data protection principles listed above.
You have rights in relation to the information that we hold about you. Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights you will not have to pay a fee. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Who to contact
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Bolton Cares using the details below: